Saturday, August 8, 2009

Artslam collective update

Once again, my host has run into some update problems, and I've been unable to update this blog for the past two weeks. For that, I sincerely apologise to those who have been coming back here for my daily sketch updates. I've gotten the problem sorted out for now, hopefully this will be the last. For now, I've switched over to Blogger hosting for the time being.

Anyway, have some backlogged sketches. I'll be posting them all in separate posts as per my posts on Artslam itself.

This is Lee. (I haven't figured out her first name yet, bear with me) She is Inu's partner, and skilled at martial arts. Inu's personality type is such that he will only choose a partner that is strong both mentally and physically.

The belt she is wearing is a gift from her great-grandfather. Three decades ago he too had been chosen to take part in this zodiac shenanigans. No one believed him, of course, but of everyone he told the stories to, she was always hanging on to his every word. As she grew older she began to doubt her grandfather's stories, but then Inu appeared and the rest is, as they say, history.

(so yeah, I suppose you could say this zodiac thing kind of runs in her family. which was my plan for this character from the beginning, so yay. I kind of made up that belt thing as I was drawing this, haha)

as for the character, she is sort of a cross between one of my old tomboyish female characters (or rather, my friend's) and Ruki from Digimon Tamers. in that respect, also, Inu's trait of wanting a strong partner is taken from Ruki's desire to only have a strong Digimon. go me. |D

also wow, first picture I've drawn of her actually looking like a girl. woot.

No comments:

Post a Comment